Czech Republic versus Denmark: UEFA EUROThe Czech Republic and Denmark meet in the third UEFA EURO 2020 quarter-last both floated by amazing triumphs in the round of 16.
Light after amazing triumphs in the round of 16, the Czech Republic and Denmark meet in Baku in the third UEFA EURO 2020 quarter-last with the Czechs having affectionate recollections of the groups’ last challenge at this stage.
• This is Denmark’s first EURO quarter-last since 2004, when they went down 3-0 against the Czechs at Porto’s Estádio do Dragão.
• Group B other participants Denmark destroyed Wales 4-0 in the first round of 16 tie at this competition, before the Czech Republic put paid to the Netherlands’ expectations with a 2-0 triumph the next day.
• The victors of this tie will play Ukraine or England in the semi-finals at Wembley on 7 July.
• The Czech Republic/Czechoslovakia and Denmark have met on 25 past events, the Czechs recording 13 successes and just two losses. Five of the last six apparatuses between the sides have finished all square, in any case, the exemption a 3-0 Danish away success in Olomouc in meeting all requirements for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in which Andreas Cornelius (57) and Simon Kjær (67) both scored their first objectives for Denmark.
• Denmark’s just other triumph against the Czechs was a 2-1 home achievement in 2002 World Cup qualifying.
• The sides’ last gathering was a 1-1 well disposed attract Mladá Boleslav on 15 November 2016. Antonín Barák’s eighth-minute opener for the Czech hosts – on his global presentation – was counterbalanced by Nicolai Jørgensen seven minutes before half-an ideal opportunity for the Danes. Tomáš Koubek, Tomáš Kalas, substitute Pavel Kadeřábek and debutant Tomáš Souček were additionally in the home line-up, with Frederik Rønnow, Kjær, Jens Stryger Larsen, Daniel Waas, Mathias Jørgensen and substitute Jannik Vestergaard including for the Danes.
• Denmark’s last EURO quarter-last debut finished in a 3-0 loss by the Czech Republic, Jan Koller (49) and Milan Baroš (63, 65) getting the objectives in Porto in the last eight of UEFA EURO 2004. That stays the Czechs’ greatest success in an EURO finals and Denmark’s joint heaviest loss.
• Current Czech aide mentor Tomáš Galásek was in the side for that game while Jaroslav Šilhavý, presently lead trainer, was a right hand.
• The Czech Republic were additionally successful in their lone other EURO last competition match against Denmark, two second-half Vladimír Šmicer objectives (64, 67) getting a 2-0 triumph in Liège in the gathering phase of UEFA EURO 2000.
• Czechoslovakia won ten of their 15 games against Denmark (D5), albeit three of their four UEFA European Championship installations finished level – the exemption a 5-1 Czechoslovakian success in the 1960 round of 16 second leg (7-3 total).
EURO realities: Czech Republic
• The Czech Republic have equipped for each EURO last competition since Czechoslovakia split in 1993.
• They won the opposition as a feature of Czechoslovakia in 1976 and arrived at the last in their first appearance as the Czech Republic in 1996, losing 2-1 to Germany.
• The Czech Republic additionally arrived at the semi-finals at UEFA EURO 2004 and the quarter-finals eight years after the fact.
• In 2016, the Czechs completed lower part of their gathering having gotten one point from three games. Misfortunes to Spain (0-1) and Turkey (0-2) sandwiched a 2-2 draw against Croatia in which the Czechs had mobilized from two objectives down. That was the solitary time they had kept away from rout – or tracked down the net – in their last four EURO finals games preceding the current year’s competition.
• Šilhavý’s charges equipped for UEFA EURO 2020 as Group A sprinters up behind England. A 5-0 misfortune at Wembley in their first apparatus was one of three losses the Czechs endured in qualifying, albeit five successes guaranteed they got done with 15 focuses, four above third-set Kosovo.
• At UEFA EURO 2020 itself, the Czechs opened with a 2-0 success against Scotland before a 1-1 draw against Croatia, the two games at Hampden Park in Glasgow and each of the three of their objectives scored by Patrik Schick. They were top of Group D going into Matchday 3, however a 1-0 misfortune to England at Wembley left them in third spot.
• The Czechs then, at that point improved of Group C champs the Netherlands at Budapest’s Puskás Aréna in the last 16 on account of objectives from Tomáš Holeš (68) and Schick once more (80) after the Dutch had gone down to ten men.
• Czechoslovakia/the Czech Republic have won four of their five EURO quarter-finals, despite the fact that they lost the last, against Portugal at UEFA EURO 2012 (0-1). They had recently beaten Romania in 1960 (2-0 a, 3-0 h), the Soviet Union in 1976 (2-0 h, 2-2 a), Portugal in 1996 (1-0) and Denmark in 2004 (3-0).
• The Czech Republic have played in Baku just a single time previously, a 2-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying triumph against Azerbaijan at the Olympic Stadium in October 2017 with Barák scoring the conclusive objective. That is additionally their lone past game in Azerbaijan.
Denmark colleagues test
EURO realities: Denmark
• This is Denmark’s 10th appearance in the UEFA European Championship, however just their second in the previous four versions. They were killed in the gathering stage at UEFA EURO 2012, completing third in their part behind Germany and Portugal with three focuses from three games.
• The Danes lost to Scandinavian neighbors Sweden in the UEFA EURO 2016 end of the season games, going down 4-3 on total (1-2 a, 2-2 h).
• Denmark were victors at EURO ’92, completed fourth in 1964 and arrived at the semi-finals in 1984. Their latest knockout appearance came in 2004, when they endured that 3-0 loss to the Czech Republic in the quarter-finals. Prior to this competition, they had not won an EURO knockout game since their 2-0 triumph over Germany in the 1992 last.
• The Danes booked their place at UEFA EURO 2020 by completing second behind Switzerland in Group D in spite of staying unbeaten in their eight qualifiers (W4 D4). They arrived at the finals with a 1-1 attract away to the Republic of Ireland in their last qualifier.
• Denmark are one of five groups to have arrived at UEFA EURO 2020 unbeaten alongside Belgium, Italy – who both dominated each match, runs they stretched out at the last competition into their quarter-last gathering in Munich – Spain and Ukraine. They are the just one of the five who didn’t top their passing gathering.
• Åge Hareide, who directed the fruitful passing effort, was supplanted by Kasper Hjulmand following the delay of UEFA EURO 2020; the previous Nordsjælland mentor had been because of take over from Hareide after the competition.
• Denmark’s three gathering games all occurred at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, where they lost to Finland (0-1) and Belgium (1-2) preceding an exciting 4-1 win against Russia that grabbed second spot in the part.
• The Danes conveyed that triumphant structure into the round of 16, neglecting Wales at the Johan Cruijff ArenA in Amsterdam because of objectives from Kasper Dolberg (27, 48), Joakim Mæhle (88) and Martin Braithwaite (90+4).
• The loss of Russia finished Denmark’s four-game losing run in the EURO last competition. They have now won just four of their last 14 EURO finals matches (D2 L8), losing five of the last eight.
• Denmark’s record in EURO quarter-last ties is W1 L1. They beat Luxembourg in 1964 (3-3 a, 2-2 h, 1-0 replay) however lost 3-0 to the Czech Republic in 2004.
• This is Denmark’s first game in Azerbaijan.
Connections and random data
Czech Republic child photograph challenge
• Kasper Schmeichel was in objective for the Leicester side that lost to Slavia Praha in the 2020/21 UEFA Europa League round of 32; Jan Bořil, David Zima, Tomáš Holeš and Lukáš Masopust all included in the tie for Slavia.
• Kjær’s Sevilla were dispensed with by Slavia in the 2018/19 UEFA Europa League round of 16; Alex Král, Bořil, Tomáš Souček, Masopust and Vladimír Coufal highlighted in the tie for the Czech side.
• Coufal, Souček and Bořil helped Slavia to a 1-0 away success and 0-0 home attract the 2018/19 UEFA Europa League bunch stage against a FC Copenhagen group including Robert Skov, Nicolai Boilesen and Jonas Wind.
• Have played together:
Tomáš Vaclík and Simon Kjær (Sevilla 2018/19)
Jakub Jankto and Mikkel Damsgaard (Sampdoria 2020–)
Robert Skov and Pavel Kadeřábek (Hoffenheim 2019–)
Patrik Schick and Yussuf Poulsen (Leipzig 2019/20)
Antonín Barák and Jens Stryger Larsen (Udinese 2017–20)
• Schick scored past Denmark’s save goalkeeper Frederik Rønnow in Bayer Leverkusen’s 2-1 Bundesliga win against Schalke on 3 April.
• Skov’s objective past Tomáš Koubek was adequately not to forestall Hoffenheim enduring a 4-2 Bundesliga rout at home to Augsburg on 13 December 2019.
• Jannik Vestergaard likewise scored past Koubek, in Denmark’s 2-1 success against has the Czech Republic on Matchday 1 of the 2015 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Prague. Andreas Christensen, Pierre-Emile Højbjerg and Yussuf Poulsen additionally played for the Danes, with Kadeřábek in the Czech side.
• Schick has additionally scored against Denmark at U21 level, in a 4-2 loss on Matchday 3 of the 2017 finals. Christian Nørgaard and Mathias Jensen played for Denmark, Souček and Jankto for the Czech Republic.
• The Czech Republic have won the entirety of their three serious punishment shoot-outs:
5-3 v West Germany, 1976 UEFA European Championship last (as Czechoslovakia)
9-8 v Italy, 1980 UEFA European Championship third-place play-off (as Czechoslovakia)
6-5 v France, EURO ’96 semi-finals
Denmark’s Hjulmand takes child photographs challenge
• Denmark’s shoot-out record is W2 L2:
4-5 v Spain, 1984 UEFA European Championship semi-last
5-4 v Netherlands, EURO ’92 semi-last
4-2 v Mexico, 1995 FIFA Confederations Cup bunch stage
2-3 v Croatia, 2018 FIFA World Cup round of 16
Most recent news
• Tomáš Holeš delegated his twelfth cap for the Czech Republic by scor